Buildings 4, 9, 11, 13, 30, 73, 82 and 200; Roofing Replacement, Various Locations, Battle Creek, Michigan
This Department Of Veteran Affairs project involved the replacement of 106,000 total square feet of roof surfaces at eight different buildings located throughout the campus. It included 96,000 square feet of pitched shingled roofs and 15,000 square feet of flat rubber roofs. The work encompassed the removal and replacement of existing roofing, repair or replacement of underlayment, new trusses for existing enclosed connector, new roof venting and replacement of fascia, gutters & trim. At some locations interior and exterior construction (brick, drywall, HVAC, etc.) was required in areas affected by roofing construction. The project was completed on schedule with no accidents or injuries.
- Maintained fire access at all buildings during construction
- Additional site security and safety requirements while working at the facility that housed psychiatric residents
- Offered client a better solution for venting existing roof areas
- Designed improved attachment details of roof trusses
- Ice and water protection design improvements to increase the life cycle for future replacements.